Tuesday, September 18, 2007

room in the army

this is just a quickie - my life is getting ridiculously busy right now. my brain in starting to hurt...

anyway, this morning an old (salvation) army chorus popped into my head. it goes like this 'joy, joy, joy, there is joy in the salvation army...' BUT, for the life of me, i couldn't remember what the word 'joy' was. i convinced myself it was the word 'room'. 'room, room, room, there is room in the salvation army'. later i figured out that missing word was actually joy.

however, then i started to think. yep, we do have so much joy in the salvation army, but you know what, we have a lot more room than we do joy! i kept thinking - maybe instead of being consumed with our own joy, we should be consumed with filling up all that empty space we have for people in the army. and you know what - while there remains one dark soul without the light of God - there's going to be room in the army...

1 Comments:

Blogger Rochelle said...

Woah - you're getting married really soon. I hope it's a wonderful day, and I can't wait to see photos! Bless you. How's Ignite going?

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker