Monday, September 17, 2007

the wise in God (+ years)

i really appreciate those who are wise in God (and years). last night we went to the local salvation army (georgina), where the congregation was more advanced in years than us. (though they also thought i was 20 and too young to be getting married, when i informed then i was 28, i think they thought that was plenty old enough). i was reminded of how much i have come to value the older generation. we have so much to learn from them. i loved the times i was able to spend with those a little older than me at my old church, to sit and talk and learn from their wisdom. it's a special thing. and sometimes something that us younger people don't value as much as we should.
so, to the younger people out there - find the older ones and get some of their Godly wisdom. drag yourself away from your peers for even just an hour and hang out with someone who you consider to be wise.
and to the older people out there - realise that we really do love to hear your wisdom and if some random - or not so random - young person wants to spend time with you, do it.

this being said - here's the other thing - a 30 yr old is old to a 18 year old, yet a 40 year old is young to a 65 year old. so we can nearly all fit into both categories!!!

now i just need to figure out how much longer i get to stay in the "young" category...i guess i can stay for a long time...i just need to keep finding someone who is older than me. i think i've got a few years left.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Princess said...

Hey Fifa...You are so wise! And even a wee bit older. Maybe I could come to you for advice ;) Seriously though...that was a great blog. And I will be coming home from Queensland on your wedding day! I will be thinking of you guys. You are great. I love my new tattoo! It is fantastic. Man...I should be putting all this in an email to you...it's getting WAY too long for a blog!

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My youth group kids think I'm VERY old at 30!!! arrrhhhh

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker