Thursday, August 16, 2007

forgive me

forgive me.

how many times do we hear that? how many times do we say we forgive? how manyitmes do we actually mean it?

i haven't blogged recently due my newfoundland holiday which you will know about if you read my blog. but near the end of my holiday i found myself saying 'forgive me'. i was in church. i suddenly became acutely aware of how desparate God is to be our friend and for us to be in relationship with Him. i claim that i am a christian, which means to me, that i have a growing, dynamic relationship with God. that's the most important part of it all. everything else that needs to follow, will.

yet on my vacation, i didn't forget about God, but i certainly did not give Him the attention that you would give a friend with who you went on holiday with. i felt sad. i felt like i'd let a friend down. and i felt like i had missed out on sharing special times with a friend.

forgive me.

why do we, who call ourselves christians, at times, act like God doesn't exist?

the biggest detriment to God being seen by all for who He really is, is christians. i am sure of it.

yet, He forgives us. time and time again. He never turns away. He never stops loving. He is always there with mercy and grace. sure, the sun and the rain still fall on us all.

I thank God for His consistency, His faithfulness and His forgiveness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker