Friday, July 13, 2007

a mouse in the house

to my horror - there's a mouse in our house. i saw the evidence before i went to bed last night. and so delayed bedtime to clean and tidy my room. after getting to sleep very late, i awoke at about 3.30am. i heard a noise in my room. i tried to block my ears. i tossed around in my bed to make noise. i took my hands off my ears. it was definitely a mouse. aarrgghhh. i turned on my bedside light. i stood up on my bed. petrified. i jumped little to make more noise. i was sweating. my heart was racing. then, out the corner of my eye i saw the offender scurry across my room. aarrgghhh. i freaked. i couldn't move. though it was obviously trying to go away to wherever it's been hiding i knew if i lay down and went back to sleep it would come back. i keep jumping on the bed. frozen. sweating. heart still racing. what could i do? i managed to work up the courage to put one foot on the ground so i could reach my phone. would i really do it? yes. a really concerned 'hello', 'everything's ok honey, except there's a mouse in my room and i am stuck standing on my bed'. what a brilliant fiancee. turns out he comes over to rescue me. by this time i had made it downstairs and found the mouse traps. matt set them for me, then i proceeded to head down stairs to sleep. what a man. comes over at 4am to save me from the horrible mouse.
so now, i am about to head home, hopefully it will be dead in the trap. i will clean every inch of the house - well until i have had enough of cleaning. why clean? well surely a clean house won't have any mice. and while i clean, i'll stomp around loudly and play loud music. this is all irrational i know. but so is my fear of mice. whatever.

btw - 3 sleeps to go...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Fee - I'm just picturing it!! Hope the poor thing found the trap. You do have a good man there.

Love to you -

Vanessa

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker