Monday, March 05, 2007

options options

life is all about options. there are always choices to be made and sometimes we can make decisions that can affect our lives hugely. yesterday my husband to be preached the best sermon i have ever heard him preach and the best one i've heard in a while! of course, as it always is the case, when it comes to God, we are the ones who have to make the decisions. in our lives we can be presented with many opportunities, and while sometimes they can be great, they may not necessarily be God's best.
i can remember a few clear moments in my life when i knew i was about to make a decision that would alter the rest of my life.
more recently one was in october 2005 when i decided to move to canada. i didn't know how much at the time, but i knew my life would be different because of this. i also knew things would never be the same again. last year, my mum was around late july and at that stage when i decided to not go back to vermont this year but to stay here longer, i knew again that was another major decision that would alter the course of my life.
these decisions are becoming more frequent in my life at the moment. i could look at that as being scary, but i find it exciting. i feel blessed and want to make the most of these opportunities and life. to quote (with a few little adjustments) the founder of TSA, william booth 'my days, at the most, cannot be very long, so i must use them to the best of my ability for the glory of God and the benefit of my generation'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker