Tuesday, December 12, 2006

jealousy and hardened hearts

see if you can follow my thoughts...i am typing them exactly as they are floating around in my head, so apologies if the train of thought is hard to follow, but this is how my mind works...

so this morning in the igniters bible study, my mind started to go on a bit of a tangent. i got to thinking about hardened hearts. now, my initial idea was that any type of hard heart, i mean this to be a heart that doesn't love as it should, is really bad. easy. straightforward. i have seen and do see how people who don't love as they should are stunted. not so they may be completely out of it, but not being as effective as they should or could be. this does make me sad. i was talking with some friends last night about how you can help someone with a hard heart, there was no easy answer.

then my mind went on a further tangent. what about jealousy. i thought someone with a soft heart is likely to be able to get jealous. do that make sense? because they are loving, etc, that would seem to make them more likely to get hurt? is that what it means. then what about being jealous. as a Christian i am not supposed to be jealous. but is it only by having some sort of a hard heart that means i can shut out the feelings of jealousy because i wouldn't care?

has anyone got any thoughts about this?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fiona,
interesting thoughts... the way you've mentioned this topic makes me think of how so many things in our lives require balance, maybe I'm wrong in saying I think this may be one of those things that requires a balance of both. While I think it is important to be soft hearted, to love, to give, to care... there is a certain amount of hard heartedness, or rather guardedness that I think is required to keep us from getting walked over or keep us from becoming too vulnerable. I hope that makes some sense, it is 2am here. Anyways, those were my initial thoughts when I read your blog and just thought I'd share.
Blessings!
Heather R.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Cadet Stobes!! said...

Hey Fiona, Remember me?? It's Aaron Stobie!! Came across your blog and have been wonderfully blessed. Did you hear I've been accepted for College? I'm 19 years old, its a step forward for the Army. Hallelujah! I think God requires us to practise the fruits of the Spirit in our hearts. A heart of love, a heart of joy, peace, kindness, non-jealous, patient, love, forgiveness etc. I believe if we are living those things then Jesus takes over it completely - He does take up residency in our hearts after all. Hope to hear from you soon. Bless you HEAPS! Love Aaron xoxo (Check out my blog www.fullysurrendered.blogspot.com )

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker