Monday, December 11, 2006

From Dazza....it could only happen to him...

we're always amazed at how these things happen to my little brother...here's another one...
dazza blogged:


What the puck?


A few weeks ago the LORD promised me that there is MORE to experience during my stay in Canada.

I think I experienced that in its fullness tonight...I was working with headquarters to secure some collecting spots at the Vancouver Giants (ice) hockey game. Unfortunately, no DHQ staff could make it so I got the call up for some formalities...At the start of some games there is a cermonial puck drop (akin to the coin toss in Australia).

Tonight the Giants put their usual spin on that for us- the ceremonial 'first donation'. The Giants captain skates up to the kettle (and I!) at centre ice and slots in the first toonie of the campaign! I smiled (very wide no doubt), and wished him a merry Christmas. And then got to do the ceremonial puck drop!

They made a little speach and welcomed me by name (I think I heard a little whoop at the mention of my name)/No one actually asked for the puck back, either...Picture proof tomorrow...Darren

yep, that's daz at the centre of the rink...


and that would be him dropping the puck...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker