Tuesday, February 21, 2006

surfing and stress

So yesterday I went surfing down at phillip island with my leisure ed class. It was a good day and the snooze on the way home on the bus was almost as good as the surfing itself.

This is part of an article I read today – it was given to me two weeks ago but I was too busy to read it!!!


Benefits of Staying Stressed

- stress gives you a chemical high
- it helps you seem important
- stress helps you maintain personal distance and avoid intimacy
- it helps you avoid success
- you can maintain a poor me image
- it justifies being tough on people

Maintaining Stress

- don’t exercise
- stay overweight and eat anything you want
- drink plenty of coffee and coke
- be a perfectionist
- don’t call your friends and avoid them whenever possible
- be serious, lose your sense of humour
- set impossibly high standards and goals and be a workaholic
- take all criticism personally
- keep up the negative talk
- never learn meditation or any relaxation techniques
- let events, people and time overrun your life


3 special notes
- wendy, you have not offended me and I would talk to you about it if you did!!!
- to the anonymous blogger, thanks for your comments, I appreciate them greatly, though I have a feeling I may know who you are!!!
- just because i have mentioned the stress article, doesn't mean that i am stressed, in fact i am having a great term, i just thought it was kind of funny!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker