Thursday, January 18, 2007

I"M ENGAGED

Well, photos and stories of Aus will just have to wait (i plan on posting a few pics of the trip each day over the next little while, so stay tuned...) but for now...here's the story.
I arrived at Toronto airport, looking for my friend heather who as to pick me up on wed afternoon around 5pm. She wasn't there, so i called her and she was like, oh we got stuck in traffic, joe and i will be there in 10 mins. so i started walking over to some seats, and as i was putting my suitcases next to the seat, i saw matt, and i was like, what are you doing here (he was supposed to be at work), so i ran over and gave him a big hug and kiss and as he kissed me, he got down on one knee and i started to cry and he pulled out a ring and said 'will you marry me sweetie? i was busy crying and for once in my life speechless, he prompted me with a 'can you take the ring i'm shaking' so i took the ring and said yes. ha ha. then, still with tears in my eyes, i couldn't quite see the ring properly and i asked if it was the one we had looked at together, and it was. yay. i love it. so that was the proposal. i guess some of the people around must have been watching, but i was out of it, as we got my suitcases, matt said to the old lady that was sitting there, we just got engaged and she said, i know, i saw.
it's looking like it will be a september toronto wedding. that's the thoughts for the moment.
um, oh, the ring. it's white gold, a brilliant cut (round) solitare. it's set in four claws. it's beautiful. i tried to take some pictures, but it's hard. so here are a few anyway, you might get the jist. and we do have a video of the proposal - though you don't really get to hear anything, but i'll try and get that up on here in the next few days.
oh, and just to make things more romantic, yesterday, when we got engaged, it was actually mum and dad's 31st wedding anniversary, so that is lovely. (that happened by chance).







9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to be engaged to that tall, handsome catch. And he's a Newfie!!! I hear they are the best stock there is.

5:28 PM  
Blogger KiR said...

Congratulations, Fiona!

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant news Fi, I'm so happy for you! Yay!!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS FEE!!! (and Matt too). Just quickly checking your blog and what wonderful news to behold - although I can't say any of us are too surprised! Enjoy the happiness, it's a wonderful time.
- Briony xx

10:29 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Soooo happy for you both! Make sure you celebrate like crazy the fact that you have found the one your heart desires! (check out my blog for a special message)

Celebrating through prayer with you both!

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations Fiona! And Matt of course.
That is fantastic news.

Megan x

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good on you!! just to let yoyu know matt proposed to me once..it didnt work out!

jon ( from gateway)

11:34 AM  
Blogger KangaRoo said...

Congratulations Fiona and Matt!!! I'm so excited for you both!

Kim K.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker