Wednesday, October 12, 2005

my career? my ambition???

i was chatting with my school principal today - about quite a few things - but at one point he mentioned to me something about my career and ambitions. he seemed to be leading to the fact that i would assume some 'higher responsbility' positions in the near future...and that started me thinking...
my ambition as a teacher is simply to help kids. i don't want to be an administrator, i just want to see kids acheive their best and have real relationships with them while helping them do that. yesterday we went to eastern zone athletics (the one before the states titles) and we took about 1oo kids who were competing. i spent most of the day talking with kids (and staff too) and cheering for them whether they won (which i might add a lot of them did) or not. that's what i want to do. that's what i love. i don't care about climbing the ranks to make it to an admin job. i know some people need to do those jobs and that's great, but i hope that as they do it, they remember that it is also a very worthy ambition to be great classroom teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker