Tuesday, October 04, 2005

being different

in the first week of the holidays i went to a few sessions of a conference at a local church (no, not acc, this was before that). here's a statement that was made 'being different is not as important as making a difference'. i liked it. there is a lot of talk sometimes about how a christian should be different from someone who isn't. well what does that mean??? in my thoughts? actions? ideas? clothes? car i drive? food i eat? toothpaste i use? ok, so i am getting a little silly. but the thing i was thinking about is how the only real thing that makes me different from someone who is not a christian is that i acknowledge the love of God in my life and i am trying - though only slowly making any sort of progress - to be a person who shows God's love. i have some great friends who don't share my faith and they, in numerous ways, are no different to me. making a difference is much more important and that is what i need to focus on. now, don't get me wrong, a christian should be striving towards living a lifestyle that would please God, and that should be different to those who aren't trying to do the same thing. but do we sometimes get caught up in trying to be different than actually making a difference???
(feel free to comment or ask questions - i am really just blurting out what is running around in my head, probably seems very mish mash, but i just wrote my train of thought) goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker