Thursday, April 26, 2007

funny things

i have laughed so much over the last few days. so many weird, as in funny weird, things have happened to me.
they include:
- having a whole set of blinds fall down on me while i was trying to dust
- getting stuck in a lift when following my brother and mother out, and instead having to go back up and down 14 floors because i was holding a box and couldn't hold the doors open or press the button
- losing it when my brother scored an all time record high in phase 10, after thinking he was going to win so easily when he picked up three wild cards, instead he went down like a ton of bricks. it was magic

the common element in all these stories is that in most of the situations, you had to be there. don't you hate it when you are in hysterics laughing at what had happened, but then you try and tell someone and they look at you like you are the least funny person in the world. oh well. it was a laugh for me (and in each case, mum and daz too).

i guess this sense of feeling dumb (when trying to relay the stories) is how some people feel when trying to communicate sometimes. i clearly remember being in italy on the amalfi coast with michelle and not being able to communicate with some guy who was telling us, we think, that we couldn't park our car where we parked it. and we couldn't get the message across that we were looking for our hotel.

it reminds me that at times, we don't understand each other at all. when speaking of things that are deep in our hearts, like our faith, we can't always just tell people about it in the same way. we have to think about how we communicate. how to make it so people who don't understand you, do. anyway, that's just my little ramble.

oh, and i just randomly met the general of the whole salvation army. shaw clifton. he and his wife and canada's national leader just popped into the office. crazy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Princess said...

Fifa,
That happens to me all the time...I think something is SOOOOO funny and it was...but then I try to tell someone and it comes out sounding boring as! Oh well! I try anyways! See you later!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker