Friday, October 13, 2006

SNAP

here's my most recent thoughts. until yesterday. everyone had been talking about winter coming and i'd been like yeah, i'll be fine, whatever, people had been talking about buying winter jackets/boots, etc i was just excited about the shopping and thought that people used the winter as an excuse to go...until yesterday.
IT BECAME FREEZING, though tara, my canadian friend, told me that the proper term for the weather yesterday was 'fresh'. fresh my butt. it was freezing. and today and tomorrow it's supposed to be 8 degrees. ha. i am already layered up with layers and gloves and scarves. hmm. i had a new idea about me surviving the winter and it's not all that good. i am expecting that one day when i don't show up at work, someone will eventually ask where i am, then eventually someone will go out looking for me and they will find me frozen solid to the footpath somewhere along the 300m walk that is mine from my house to the office. that is my new idea of how winter is going to look. i expect this to happen often.
buffalo is a nearby town (about 1-2hours away), yesterday they got 60cm of snow. and it's only october. arrghh. i am now offically very scared.

on a totally different subject, i have been thinking this week about life long learning. know, as a teacher, this is something i have always promoted, but just this week i was thinking about the fact that if you ever stop learning, you become in great danger of thinking you know it all. when you learn, you realise how much you still have to learn.

anyway, i'm just going to get rugged up, i'm heading outside now...wish me luck... warmth.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As anyone who knows me will attest, I detest winter. The proper term for the weather is "Horrid!" Try it with me...Horrid.

Don't get me wrong, skiing, sledding and skating etc, are all great...but other than that - Horrid! Good to have another sane person around who realises this. I'm here for ya.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker