Wednesday, March 29, 2006

why am i leaving???

so i have to just write again about how much i loved the commonwealth games. i loved them. i mean it helps that i love lots of sports. it helps that my friends love lots of sports. it helps that we love the 'vibe' that was going off in melbourne. it helps that me and my girlfriends love meeting new people and dancing with old men through windows... (i can explain - did anyone see the four dudes living in the myer windows???). melbourne was truly united by the moment. i love this city.

i love my job. the last three days i spent down at philip island with 16 16 year olds. a worst nightmare??? nope. i loved it. we went walking, listened to ranger graeme (while i seriously was falling asleep, i had to bolt at one stage to go to the toilet to wake myself up, this included doing a few star jumps to get the blood circulating), surfing, walking with ranger graeme, seeing the fairy penguins parade up the beac, kayaking and surfing again. i can now turn both ways on a surfboard. previously i could always only ever turn to the left. i am a goofy foot surfer. now i can turn both ways. good on me. i love the dudes down at smiths beach. they ar the island surf guys. if you eve rneed a lesson, go there. matt, the guy who runs it, is so lovely. we always go there for surf lessons with school. so i guess i am there a few (maybe at least 6) times a year, so we know them all. anyway we he heard i was going to canada, he gave me a free t-shirt today before i left. what i a lovely guy (or did he just want some free advertising o.s.???). i love my job.

and the weather in this city. march is supposed to be autumn. today was 27 and so sunny. i love this country.

and of course i love my friends.

why am i leaving?

in one and a half sleeps (it's only a half coz i know i will go to bed very late and then i have to leave home at 4.15am on friday morning) i will leave for 6 months. i know i have been talking about it, so i should fill you in on my actual plans. i leave here friday and fly to vancouver. mum and dad will pick me up from there and take me back to seattle till easter monday (april 17th). i will then fly to toronto where i will stay for the next 5ish months - till mid-late september, before i got back to seattle for a short bit, then i am due to arrive home on 5th october. i don't exactly know what i am going to do in toronto and that doesn't bother me. the plan is to figure it out when i get there. that's why i am leaving.

i am excited about it. sometimes i do things like this in my life and people are like are you excited and of course i am excited, but then again i am just like yep, that's just what i am doing with my life. i am going cause it's an awesome opportunity, it will be a great life experience, i will learn lots, be challenged and hopefully have some fun at the same time.

but i'll be back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Another Footy Fans Blog said...

fee, is that turning left thing like in Zoolander???

bye bye. we shall miss you :(

______________________________

check out my blog at nathyoung.blogspot.com

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better be back - take care my lovely Fee!
Tam

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker