Wednesday, November 16, 2005

court, gaol, scrape and bay

i went on an excursion today. firstly to the coroner's court. interesting. a homicide case. then later onto the old melbourne goal. i surprisingly enjoyed this visit. i thought it was going to be a bit boring at the gaol, but i really enjoyed it! i wished we could have stayed longer. oh well. i guess i just thought boring, but there were some good stories and interesting things. mum and dad were going to alcatraz this week and it made me realise that you sometimes take for granted what's in the city you live in. i mean i was so jealous of mum and dad, but i have already been there and instead i got to learn some new things about my own city. an eye opening day.
it was all going beautifully til we got back to the train station and i found that someone had left me some lovely scrapes down the side of my car and they were kind enough to do it anonymously!!! i have had to tell myself repeatedly it doesn't matter it's only a car.
then i finished the day with a swim in the bay. for my bronze course - to be a surf life saver. the water was actually much warmer than expected so that was nice.
that's all for today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you appreciate stuff like history as you get older - welcome to old age and enjoying scenic drives and historic places!!! aaahhhhh

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona
I have tried several times to leave a comment - they don't seem to get to the right place. Anyway I'm trying again. I love reading your blogs - they are so interesting! Now maybe I'm biased, but I do enjoy reading what your are doing in your extraordinary life. Making a difference to this world? YOU ARE!

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was anonymous - Mum????

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker