Monday, April 24, 2006

Nana

Nana passed away on sunday in a moment that was decribed by my brother as priceless. Mum, Daz, my auntie, cousins and a friend of nana's were there. they had just returned from getting a coffee, while nana had been bathed. mum laid her hands on nana's face and told her that she was a rich lady, with so many family and friends. Mum then said a few bible verses from psalm 23 'the Lord is my shepherd...' and then said to nana, you don't have to fight anymore. and with that, nana passed away. mum said it was a really peaceful moment.

her funeral is on wedneday 26th April at 3pm at Lilydale Memorial Park (126 Victoria Rd, Lilydale)

here is something i wrote about Nana the other day:

Why I Love Nana
I love Nana's stories. She always had one, even if it was one you'd heard before. I love that she used to collect gemstones and that she went goldpanning. I used to be so proud that while other people's Nana's were at home knitting, mine was out camping.
Her love for Scotland.
Her love for her videos. The only reason that i today own a dvd player is that Nana had got one, but when she found out it didn't record then she didn't want a bar of it. So i bought it from her.
I love that she was trusting.
I love that she could buy a ticket and then spend the day on the busses and trains.
I love her soup. And i love that she would make us soup and then bring it to us via the trains and busses.
i love that she would always sing songs.
I love that she used to call us nudey rudey roosters when we had a bath at her place.
I love that she'd always tell me 'be and angel, like your Nana'.
I love that she'd always say 'well at least i gave you a good laugh'.
I love the way she hated green.
I love that whenever you got a birthday card, it was actually the second one she'd bought you, because she'd lost the first one somewhere in the house.
I love the way that she loved everyone equally - to the point where you'd get $1.50 with your present, just to make things even.
Most of all, i loved the way she loved her family. So loved everyone so dearly, to the point we'd have to joke that none of us could ever do wrong.
I love that there were always hugs and kisses and 'i love you's'. Along with these, at every visit, there was a 'you've really made my day, hen'.
I love you Nana, you've taught me a lot. How to love, how to look for the best in people, how to treat your family. i have been so blessed to have had you in my life and i pray now that you'll have the freedom that you have longed for in recent times.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Fee. You're in my prayers and thoughts and if i could i'd give you a massive hug right now.
Love Betho

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you so much right now Fee.
Love you lots. Take care.
Tam

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Mate.........
Thinking of you right now, I bet you made her one proud Nana!
Those things you said about her were just beautiful and what a way to slip away with those words and family by her side.
Love ya buddy,
Megs xx

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fee

praying for u all at this time and remembering too of the special memories i have of your nana when i satyed with you all. Especially all the bus trips and op shops and trips to the coffee shops for that coffee ahe was always gasping for and how she introduced me to her friends as the scottish lassie.

take care

love u all lots

Jane xoxo

1:17 PM  
Blogger Wendy G said...

Oh Fi (and family), I'm really thinking of you but also thanking God for the wonderful life of your Nana. What a legacy to leave so much love in the world.

Wendy (the tearful!)

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you Fee. So sorry for the loss of your Nana. She was a very entertaining person.

Michelle. xx

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker