Thursday, August 04, 2005

Bill Brown

on wednesday night i went to our monthly leaders meeting at church. the special guest speaker this month was Bill Brown, senior pastor at Syndal Baptist church. it was a great time and i was so glad i was there. he spoke on self leadership, and suggested that this a leader's toughest challenge and i agree. he was genuine and inspirational.

anyway, rather than me rave about about how much i enjoyed wednesday night, let me share with you the 15 questions that he asks himself regularly. (i don't know if he made these up or got them from elsewhere, but by the same token, i don't really think that matters)
1. is my calling sure?
2. is my vision clear?
3. is my passion hot?
4. is my character submitted to Christ?
5. is my pride subdued?
6. are my fears at bay?
7. are internal issues undermining my leadership?
8. are my ears open to the Spirit's whispers?
9. is my pace sustainable?
10. are my gifts developing?
11. is my heart for God increasing...and is my capacity for lovin deepening?
12. am i accountable to others?
13. am i nuturing my family relationships?
14. am i often and regularly on my knees?
15. am i intentionally developing relationships with people who don't know Jesus persoanlly and loving them into taking him seriously?

so my challenge to you, as it is to me, is to ask myself where could i grow more?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agnes says....
I love your blogs, Fiona. Thanks for posting them. Thanks too for passing on what you learned from Bill Brown

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker